Google introduced Bard, its AI chatbot, on March 21st, 2023, initially through an invitation-based waitlist. However, on May 10th, 2023, Google removed the waitlist and made Bard accessible in over 180 countries and territories. Bard, powered by artificial intelligence, employs natural language processing and machine learning to emulate human conversations.
Beyond enhancing Google search results, Bard can seamlessly integrate into websites, messaging platforms, and applications, delivering lifelike and contextually relevant responses to user inquiries.
Furthermore, Google Bard is based on the Pathways Language Model 2 (PaLM 2), a language model unveiled in late 2022.
PaLM and its predecessor, Google’s Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA), are both built upon Transformer, a neural network architecture introduced by Google in 2017. The open-source release of Transformer has served as the foundation for various generative AI tools, such as the GPT-3 language model implemented in ChatGPT.
Bard, unlike most AI chatbots, centers its design on enhancing search functionality. It strives to enable users to pose queries using more natural language rather than relying on specific keywords. By adopting this approach, Bard aims to provide a more intuitive search experience.
Easy Steps To Use Google Bard AI
To begin using Bard, the process is simple and straightforward. Below, we have outlined the easy steps you can follow while engaging with this AI chatbot. To get started,
Go to the Google Bard page and log in
To access Google Bard, simply visit bard.google.com, the official homepage of this AI chatbot. Like other Google products, you will be prompted to log in using your Google account. Also, you will need to agree to the terms of service, and once you proceed, you will gain access to Google Bard.
Get Familiar with the Chatbot
Similar to other chatbots, it may take some time to become accustomed to using Bard AI. You will need to familiarize yourself with the optimized and user-friendly Bard chat window. Once you land on the homepage, simply enter your query in the designated text area and send it to the chatbot to receive its response.
What Is On The Google Bard AI Page?
Below are some features you will find when you open the Bard window:
- Text Input: Enter your questions or prompts in the bottom text area and press enter or click “Submit” on the right to send them.
- Bard Activity: Your conversations with Google Bard are not saved, but your prompts are. To view your prompt history, click on “Bard Activity” on the left, which will open a new tab.
- Reset Chat: To start a new conversation and clear the current one, select the top option in the Main Menu on the left side of the window.
- FAQ: If you have additional questions beyond what is covered in this article, check the FAQ section on the left for Bard-specific questions and answers.
- Updates: This option provides a history of the updates that have been made to Bard AI.
- Microphone: You can dictate your prompts by clicking on the microphone icon within the text area.
- Help & Support: If you encounter any issues while using Google’s AI-powered Bard, click on “Help & Support” to access Bard Help or send feedback.
- Account: Access your Google account by clicking on the top-right corner of the window.
- Edit: This option allows you to modify your prompt and receive a new answer. It’s a convenient option if you realize you need to provide more specific information without rewriting your entire prompt.
- Conversation: The conversation with Bard AI is displayed in the center of the chat window. Once the AI chatbot responds to your queries, you can explore alternative drafts for each response. Additionally, you have the ability to provide feedback by giving a thumbs up or down. Other options include refreshing for a new answer, selecting the response, copying it to your clipboard, and reporting it.
Are you considering using Google Bard AI for your next inquiry? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.